Skip to main content

Friday Fun: More Than 20 Partners Cuts Prostate Cancer Risk

Men with numerous lovers have a lower risk of developing prostate cancer because they have more sex, scientists say.



Lotharios who have had more than 20 partners have a 28 percent reduced risk compared with men who have had only one sexual partner in their lifetime, they claim.
But it is the amount of sex they have rather than the number of partners that cuts the cancer risk.

Lead researcher Prof. Marie-Elise Parent, from the University of Montreal, said 'it is possible that having many female sexual partners results in a higher frequency of ejaculation, whose protective effect against prostate cancer has been previously observed in cohort studies.'
Men who are virgins are almost twice likely to be diagnosed with prostate cancer as those who are sexually experienced, it was claimed.

One theory is that large numbers of ejaculation may reduce the concentration of cancer-causing substances on prostatic-fluid, a constituent of semen.
But the same is not true for gay men-Where having more than 20 male partners doubles the risk of prostate cancer.
The danger of a less aggressive cancer type also rises five fold, possibly to do with greater exposure to sexually transmitted infections or forum of gay sex.
More than  3,200 men aged between 40 and 79 answered questions about their lifestyle and sex lives in the prostate cancer and environment study. 
Prof. Parent added: We were fortunate to have participants who were comfortable talking about their sexuality.
(Culled from Vanguard)



So what are your thoughts???

Comments

Oluwa Troy said…
Thank you for this enlightening piece. I like the length. I think it's time I got my sexual groove on. 20 partners hunh. Ko po rara ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

LIVING IN LAGOS CHRONICLES BY YOURS TRULY

Its been a minute yeah, I know and I've missed you. After a conversation with some friends, I finally got inspired to write about one of my Living in Lagos Chronicles. As much as every memory of this incident surprises me, I find a reason or two to laugh real hard and even consider acting...lol. The initial plan on this fateful morning was to go to work as usual but then that bad angel whispered evil thoughts of where I could go to and would have more fun (unholy) obviously, #imnosaint!. So I changed routes and headed to ........... story for another day. I had enough opportunities to change my mind because I was so unlucky from the very beginning. First, I had to sit in a bus for 2 good hours trying to wait for passengers and of course they never came. I got impatient, got off the bus and went to some other bus stop. Luckily I found one, it took me to Costain. At least I was a bit close to my destination, Surulere. Then I began to wait again at the Costain ...

My Two Kobo Thoughts Thursday for Lovers

How this gist with my colleague and I at work started I don't know but It inspired me to write this. So we were watching a political rally and we noticed one of the prominent people present was busy grinning at his mobile phone while his wife, the first lady of that state was smiling cheerfully while waving the party's flag. My colleague at work concluded that he was probably sexting his bae and couldn't be bothered about the stupid rally anyways. He probably couldn't wait to jet off to meet his bae already. I was amazed at her thought and I argued that he was probably tweeting about the rally, checking updates and reading news online. She disagreed o! She said the average black man is a cheat as long as he has roots from Africa. So I allowed her continue, and she explained that she had heard so many reasons why men cheat and she can only blame the girlfriends or wives. This reminded me of a friend (Tomiwa) that became a serial cheat overnight. His reason.... h...

How Long, Is Too Long?

I got a lot of  feedback  concerning my previous post on standards ; one very interesting question in one of the mails asked how long a relationship should last before it tolls the marriage road. This question is not alien to many of us especially those in committed, marriage-bound relationships. It has been asked over and over again and I’m not sure if it will stop coming up in several discussions every now and then; this is because people are starting relationships per second while some are still growing. It’s quite surprising that this thought pattern is often times linked to the ladies, especially when they hit their late twenties or early thirties. It becomes a topic among single sisters when they get to attend weddings almost every Saturday or have to congratulate a friend who just got engaged.  Dele said “I wonder why my girlfriend expects me propose to her now because all her friends are getting married or getting engaged already.I think its when...