Skip to main content

Paint My Lip PURPLE: Jordana "Fiesta" Lippie

I never thought I'd be the type to follow trends especially when it comes to a fashion item such as lipstick. Dark lip colours especially purple are very much in vogue this season, and I caught the bug. Since then, I've been patiently wishing for a dark purple lip shade, and a not too pricey one as well. The others I know like Mac's Rebel happen to be quite pricey here in Lagos, Nigeria. My wish was granted when I went make-up shopping and sighted this beauty in purple starring at me...Jordana's Fiesta Lipstick



Unarguably, purple is one of the in colors of the season, its almost everywhere. There are different shades of purple but the most common recently used for lipsticks is the dark/deep purple shade.

I didn't use it immediately even though I had my heart already won over by two of Jordana's  red shades : True Red and Holiday Red. It was just lying fallow in my make up purse until one bright morning. Jordana's Fiesta is one of the rarest of its kind. 



Jordana Fiesta Lippie
  

In the tube, it looks like deep/dark purple but when applied on the lip, it gives a dark magenta finish. The texture is soft and creamy. It doesn't leave lips chapped and rough, in fact, what you will get is a smooth sleek finish once you can apply it with a lip brush. I had to apply, wipe and apply again like four times to get the deep purple effect I wanted but I promise you, Its worth the time...hehehe






Regardless of the process you might have to go through before you can get the shade I've got on or deeper if you like, its a beautiful shade, suits my skin tone effortlessly and it smells yummyyummy good. It also has a long staying power for its price (between 300Naira &500Naira) in any Balogun Market, Lagos Island, Nigeria, depending on your 'pricing' skills. I totally love this about it.

What do you think? I'll be glad to hear from you...muah.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LIVING IN LAGOS CHRONICLES BY YOURS TRULY

Its been a minute yeah, I know and I've missed you. After a conversation with some friends, I finally got inspired to write about one of my Living in Lagos Chronicles. As much as every memory of this incident surprises me, I find a reason or two to laugh real hard and even consider acting...lol. The initial plan on this fateful morning was to go to work as usual but then that bad angel whispered evil thoughts of where I could go to and would have more fun (unholy) obviously, #imnosaint!. So I changed routes and headed to ........... story for another day. I had enough opportunities to change my mind because I was so unlucky from the very beginning. First, I had to sit in a bus for 2 good hours trying to wait for passengers and of course they never came. I got impatient, got off the bus and went to some other bus stop. Luckily I found one, it took me to Costain. At least I was a bit close to my destination, Surulere. Then I began to wait again at the Costain ...

My Two Kobo Thoughts Thursday for Lovers

How this gist with my colleague and I at work started I don't know but It inspired me to write this. So we were watching a political rally and we noticed one of the prominent people present was busy grinning at his mobile phone while his wife, the first lady of that state was smiling cheerfully while waving the party's flag. My colleague at work concluded that he was probably sexting his bae and couldn't be bothered about the stupid rally anyways. He probably couldn't wait to jet off to meet his bae already. I was amazed at her thought and I argued that he was probably tweeting about the rally, checking updates and reading news online. She disagreed o! She said the average black man is a cheat as long as he has roots from Africa. So I allowed her continue, and she explained that she had heard so many reasons why men cheat and she can only blame the girlfriends or wives. This reminded me of a friend (Tomiwa) that became a serial cheat overnight. His reason.... h...

How Long, Is Too Long?

I got a lot of  feedback  concerning my previous post on standards ; one very interesting question in one of the mails asked how long a relationship should last before it tolls the marriage road. This question is not alien to many of us especially those in committed, marriage-bound relationships. It has been asked over and over again and I’m not sure if it will stop coming up in several discussions every now and then; this is because people are starting relationships per second while some are still growing. It’s quite surprising that this thought pattern is often times linked to the ladies, especially when they hit their late twenties or early thirties. It becomes a topic among single sisters when they get to attend weddings almost every Saturday or have to congratulate a friend who just got engaged.  Dele said “I wonder why my girlfriend expects me propose to her now because all her friends are getting married or getting engaged already.I think its when...