Skip to main content

Super Friday Fun: Send a Sexy Picture


For me, the best way to express my myriad of emotions is by putting my thoughts on paper.  It actually helps me decide what action to take next.
I have always being a huge fan of social media, this is because it has been able to bridge communication gap. You can speak to just about anyone, anywhere and at your own convenience. In fact, you don’t have to be in The States to celebrate 4th of July, Youtube brings every experience to you. However, for every technological advancement in social communication, there are certainly some cons such as:
                                                              1)  The short hand syndrome: "I jes cdnt help bt say wazap". Is this even english?  I'll talk about this in my next post.
                                                              2) The “send a sexy picture” syndrome: Topic for today.
I mean, you meet someone this minute, you like him enough to getting talking with him and even exchange contacts because its not everyday or everyone you give your contacts to. He adds you up on whichever platform you are active or available on and the next minute, he’s asking for you to send a picture. I don't even know what to make of this but it just doesn't sit well in my head. It is actually one of my biggest pet peeves.
You know, I sincerely felt that I was alone in this predicament till I decided to share with my circle of very overt female friends during one of our girls only hang out. It was then I realized that it is a general epidemic.
Why are men these days too hesitant to get down below, excuse my french but that's what comes to my mind when a man tells me to send such. Perhaps its just me.  Anyways, to balance my thought pattern, I have decided to share some of the different responses i got from my girls so that I don't come as being too sentimental with my views.

According to Shola, “I find it actually exhilarating when a guy I just met asks me to send a sexy picture of myself. It makes me feel very sexy and cool. It sends the signal that he is thinking about me and might be considering a relationship with me.

Alex disagrees with this as she says “ If I was close to him ehn, na slap I for don slap am. Sexy picture ko, sexy video ni. What does he take me for, a booty call?


Moyo pointed that she believes “chivalry is dead in Nigerian men. Many of them don’t see why they should bother wooing a lady for too long. That’s why they simply make their intentions know like now. If she begins to stall, to them, it’s like she’s forming or a spoilsport. So if a man asks me to send a picture of me, I’ll simply tell him, let’s go on a date, and then you can take a picture of me. I could do you the honors of dressing absolutely stunning or perhaps sexy.

Sessy says she’ll deletes the man off her contact, simple; she doesn’t even bother keeping in touch with him. She says she has little or no patience for such arrant nonsense.” It actually irritates me, it basically tells me this man wants my body, which isn’t really bad but it shouldn’t be so soon. We are not that close, we just met, I don’t really know you so what the heck do you need my sexy picture for?”

We kept discussing this over and over till we stumbled on the “come over to mine” line that most guys say. I won’t even want to get started on that one. 

Here is my two Naira advice to the male folk especially our Nigerian brothers. We love you so much; we would pick you 10 times over before we even consider men from other continents, I guess *wink* but please stop this act. Try to get to know us first. Win us over, be our friend. Get us to be interested in you before even think of pulling the “send a sexy picture” stunt. Sincerely it is quite creepy when you do this thing. The truth is, a decent girl who has virtue shinning through her won’t hesitate to cut you if you ever think of asking her that. Even if she eventually does send you such picture, I am most certain she made you work hard for it. Raise your standards man!

I'll also appreciate if you shared your thoughts with me, remember the saying "no one is an island". Thanks for being my inspiration and motivation to write, you rock!  Have a great weekend guys

Live. Love and Learn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Venting Tuesday : Convo With A Scammer

When will these scammers learn? Yes, scammers!!! Ever got a text message from a weird number telling you you have just won a large sum of money courtesy a popular brand? Or, perhaps, a strange phone-call from 'a long lost relative, friend, old school mate' and everything in between telling you how much he/she has missed you and would love to see you again after so many years ...blah-blah-blah Apparently, those examples I gave fall under the electronic type of duping (scam), other types of the electronic duping include email advanced fees, plishing . The face to face duping is another type of scam. Here, the fraudsters come to their victim in person, inviting them to participate in a too good to be true deal. They tell the victim he need not worry about money anymore because the deal they are offering will save him from being financially handicap for life. They even engage their victim in a discussion depending on the type of deal involved. The term 'scammer' is a

‎Inspirational Bites with Seun Sanni: BLESSED IS THE HAND THAT GIVES

"Responsibility is the only solution to the war that is ongoing around the world. We all have to be responsible for one another most especially with our giving. When you give, you're automatically saying no to poverty and if poverty is eradicated from the land no one will think of going to blow him or herself up for a cup of rice. I plead with you leaders of churches, I want you to please teach the true doctrine of love not how to benefit church only, but also outer world. How will you preach Jesus Christ, the prince of peace when the environment of the church you reside is without peace?

Game or Simply Lame

I was having one of my chitchat moments with a close friend and the topic 'Standards' was raised. It was then I realized that many dating couples have too high standards they expect of each other thus many single people or broken marriages. Everyone has standards,they keeps us motivated to do our best, but often times these standards cause undue stress. Some often impose their standards on their loved ones; this is a new source of stress and frustration for partners who feel they cannot meet these expectations. I'm not saying standards are not good or unhealthy in relationship, I only think it shouldn't determine how much or how far the relationship should go. It also shouldn't be a criterium to determine if the relationship will lead to marriage but then again who is to blame? The partner with unattainable standards or the one who isn't truthful to him or herself and believes these standards can be reached.